Basic Skills Assessment and Program Application Instructions
The Basic Skills Assessment is designed to help you gauge your academic skill set and preparedness to succeed in our professional certificate programs. There is no minimum grade for this self-assessment, but upon completion, you will be notified of your score so you can identify areas which you may need to develop further before enrolling. You can use this tool to better determine your readiness for your selected course.
Please review the following directions to familiarize yourself with the steps to complete the Basic Skills Assessment and Program Application. Print friendly PDF here.
Overview of steps:
1) Set up account to take the Basic Skills Assessment online.
2) Complete the Basic Skills Assessment.
3) View results of the Basic Skills Assessment.
4) Submit the Program Application.
To begin the Basic Skills Assessment, you will need to create a new account for yourself on our learning management system called CCPE Courses, or Moodle.
1. Go to our Moodle server by clicking on this link: http://opensource.kennesaw.edu/courses
2. Click on Create new account.
3. Fill out the form with your information. All fields are required. When finished, click on Create my new account. An email will be immediately sent to the email address you supplied.
4. Open your email account (the one you gave on the form). Find the email and click on the web link to confirm your account (email may go to Junk/Spam folder, be sure to check there if you can’t find it).
5. Your account will be confirmed and you will be logged in.
6. Under the Course Categories section, click on Skills Assessments.
7. Click on the Basic Skills Assessments link in the list of assessments
8. Click on the Enroll me button at the bottom of the screen.
9. Click on the START the Basic Skills Assessment link to begin the assessment.
10. Click on the Attempt quiz now button, then click the Start Attempt button to start a test attempt.
11. You may now begin the Basic Skills Assessment. There are 4 pages of the Skills Assessment. Click the Next button to answer questions on each page. Submit your answers by clicking the Submit all and finish button.
12. After submitting your answers, press the Back to the course button.
13. To view your results and submit the Application, click on the View Results & Submit Application link.
14. Your Skills Assessment results and recommendations will appear at the top of the page. You may fill out and click the Submit Application button at the bottom of the page to complete the process.
Thank you for completing the Basic Skills Assessment and Program Application process!