Combine your passion for technology and love of design into a rewarding career. Autodesk Revit software is a widely-used building information modeling (BIM) software for producing architectural, interior design, landscape, engineering, and construction drawings. Our Revit Architecture Essentials Certificate will introduce students to the vital functions of the software from the lens of an architect.
The software allows users to design a building and its components in 3D, annotate the model with 2D drafting elements, and work with tags, details, and schedules. Revit gives users the ability to develop a design from the ground up, including creating walls, exterior shells, doors, windows, floors, roofs, and more. The software increases productivity in all stages from a building’s concept to construction.
Courses – Register Here
High school diploma or equivalent, completion of our Basic Skills Assessment and submission of the Program Application. Working knowledge of computers and access to a computer and the Internet are required.
An understanding of architectural terminology is an asset and highly recommended.
The Basic Skills Assessment and Program Application are located online. The instructions are here. You will be directed to the program application after completing the skills assessment.
What You’ll Learn
- Work with the basic sketching and modeling tools of the software
- Create a 3D building model with walls, curtain walls, windows, and doors
- Add floors, ceilings, and roofs to a building model
- Model stairs, railings, and ramps
- Create and annotate construction documents
- Use the viewing commands of the software
This course is helpful for those preparing to sit for the national Autodesk certification exam. However, additional training or work with the software is recommended before pursuing the certification.
Who Should Enroll
- Architectural staff or project managers seeking practical experience with building information modeling
- Drafting professionals who desire to transition from traditional board design and drawing techniques
- Designers and engineers who need state-of-the-art tools
- Individuals considering building information modeling as a career
- Interest-free payment plans available on a case-by-case basis
- Continuing education loans
— Employment of architects is expected to grow 10% through 2026 with the best opportunities for workers with experience and formal training using building information modeling technology.
$89,200 – Architects
$101,800 – Construction Managers
$134,200 – Architectural and Engineering Managers