Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) Certificate
Train to teach locally or abroad.
The TEFL Certificate program from Kennesaw State University’s College of Continuing and Professional Education (formerly TESOL) has been preparing students for 15 years to become successful instructors of English.
Our quality training program focuses on the essential foundations to becoming a teacher of TEFL and TESOL. Hundreds of invaluable resources are provided within the course materials.
Certificate programs begin each year in January and August.
Hybrid format coming in Fall 2019
High school diploma or equivalent. Working knowledge of computers and access to a computer and the internet are required.
- Issues of Culture
- Elements of Linguistics; Application in the ESOL Classroom
- Methods and Materials for Teaching ESOL; Lesson Planning and Content
- Teaching Grammar; Strategies for Effective Learning
Who Should Attend
- Recent college graduates looking for their first job
- Anyone seeking a second or part-time career who has a passion to teach
- Instructors or trainers seeking additional teaching opportunities
- Au pairs
- Former government or military personnel and spouses
- Missionaries and volunteers
Note: If you are seeking an ESOL Endorsement to add to your clear renewable Georgia teaching certificate (for teaching English learners in public and private elementary, middle and high schools) please contact KSU’s Inclusive Education Department, Bagwell College of Education as our program is a non-credit certificate that is not transferable for this purpose.
- Review financial aid options.
- Restrictions apply. Call 470-578-6765 for more information.