Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL)
The TEFL Certificate Program from Kennesaw State University’s College of Continuing and Professional Education (formerly TESOL) has been preparing students for 15 years to become successful instructors of English.
Our quality training program focuses on the essential foundations to becoming a teacher of TEFL and TESOL. Hundreds of invaluable resources are provided within the course materials.
Certificate programs begin each year in January and August.
Choose your educational setting – online courses OR in the classroom
TEFL Classroom Certificate
16 week commitment = 96-hour TESOL Certificate
High school diploma or equivalent, completion of our Basic Skills Assessment and submission of the Program Application. Working knowledge of computers and access to a computer and the Internet are required.
The Basic Skills Assessment and Program Application are located online. The instructions are here. You will be directed to the program application after completing the skills assessment.
- Issues of Culture – 18 hours
- Elements of Linguistics; Application in the ESOL Classroom – 30 hours
- Methods and Materials for Teaching ESOL; Lesson Planning and Content – 30 hours
- Teaching Grammar; Strategies for Effective Learning – 18 hours
- Recent college graduates looking for their first job
- Anyone seeking a 2nd or part-time career who has a passion to teach
- Instructors or trainers seeking additional teaching opportunities
- Former government or military personnel and spouses
- Missionaries and Volunteers
Note: If you are seeking an ESOL Endorsement to add to your clear renewable Georgia teaching certificate (for teaching English learners in public and private elementary, middle and high schools) please contact KSU’s Inclusive Education Department, Bagwell College of Education here as our program is a non-credit certificate that is not transferable for this purpose.
- Interest-free payment plans available on a case-by-case basis
- VA Education Benefits
- Continuing education loans