Event Planning and Management Certificate
Learn to succeed in the hospitality industry and grow your professional connections! The Event Planning & Management certificate is an extensive overview course where you will learn the building blocks of hosting and managing safe and effective events.
The focus of this program will center on a variety of events, ranging from corporate to special occasions. This course will cover topics such as risk management, site selection, contracts, and marketing and promotion of a wide range of event types. This course comes with the added opportunity to network with local industry leaders within a professional organization. Anyone who is looking to begin a career in event planning, or currently works in event planning but would like to take their career to a new level of understanding and networking, is encouraged to enroll.
High school diploma or equivalent. Working knowledge of computers and access to a computer and the Internet are required.
- AV and technology basics
- Design and Décor
- Destination and On-site management
- Food and beverage
- Key meeting planning elements and available resources
- Legal issues
- Marketing and promotion
- Meeting and Event Technology
- Money matters
- Professionalism and ethics
- Site selection
- Social Media
Who Should Enroll:
- Administrative Assistants
- Career-changers seeking education and training
- Lighting, sound, audio visual, décor, catering and entertainment professionals
- Meeting, conference and event coordinators
- New and aspiring managers as well as experienced planners desiring ongoing training
- Review financial aid options.
- Restrictions apply. Call 470-578-6765 for more information.
— Employment of meeting, convention, and event planners in GA is projected to grow 14% by 2026. (O*NET OnLine)
— The median salary for meeting, convention, and event planners in GA is $48,710. (O*NET OnLine)