Phlebotomy Technician Certificate
Blood is the source of human life. It possesses the origin of human DNA and is often the foundation for evidence when diagnosing and treating a patient. As a result, phlebotomists represent an integral piece to any healthcare team. If you’re striving to break into the healthcare industry, enjoy working with people and are patient and compassionate, this could be a viable career path for you.
High school diploma or equivalent. Working knowledge of computers and access to a computer and the internet are required.
What You’ll Learn
- How to work directly with patients to collect quality blood samples
- How to prepare samples for laboratory testing
- Anatomy of the circulatory system
- Medical terminology
- Quality assurance
- Infection control
- HIPAA security and privacy
- Venipuncture procedures
- Capillary procedures
- Heel sticks
- Non-blood specimens
This two-month, 80-hour certificate program will assist you in preparing for the National Healthcareer Association Certified Phlebotomy Technician (CPT) exam.
- Review financial aid options.
- Restrictions apply. Call 470-578-6765 for more information.
- Diagnostic laboratories
- Blood donor centers
- Physician offices
- Nursing homes
Frequently Asked Questions
Learn more about this program.