Personal Trainer Certificate
Make a difference in the lives of others by helping individuals improve their health through physical fitness. This program will teach you to assess individual fitness levels and create customized plans to help clients achieve personal fitness goals. The course is comprised of a combination of classroom lecture and hands-on training in our on-site fitness center.
High school diploma or equivalent. Working knowledge of computers and access to a computer and the Internet are required.
What You’ll Learn
- Basics of human anatomy
- Exercise physiology
- Principles of motivation
- Behavior change
- Building client rapport
- American Heart Association Heartsaver® CPR AED training
- HIPAA security and privacy
- Developing a fully-customized exercise program for clients
- Demonstrating the proper usage of fitness machines and equipment utilizing appropriate exercise guidelines and spotting techniques
This four-month, 58-hour certificate program will assist you in preparing for the American Council on Exercise Certified Personal Trainer (CPT) exam.
- Commercial gym
- Fitness center
- Specialized training center
- Review financial aid options.
- Restrictions apply. Call 470-578-6765 for more information.
Frequently Asked Questions
Click here for more information about this program.
— Personal Training is one of the fastest growing job industries in Georgia with a growth of 32% since 2008 (Bureau of Labor Statistics).
— CNN Money named personal trainer as one of its “Best Jobs in America.”