Medical Office Assistant Certificate
Play an important role in the delivery of healthcare services by helping patients access the medical care they need. An MOA’s position is vital by creating office efficiencies that enable medical professionals to see more patients. As the population ages, healthcare jobs such as this one will continue to increase in the years to come. If you are well organized, a team player, adaptable to changing technology and attentive to detail, you may thrive in this career field.
Frequently Asked Questions
Click here for more information about this program.
What You’ll Learn
- Front office operations
- Patient scheduling including check-in and checkout
- Practice communications
- Records management
- HIPAA security and privacy
- American Heart Association Heartsaver® CPR AED training
- Human anatomy and medical terminology
- Patient reception and processing
- Electronic medical records
- Basic diagnostic and procedural coding
- Health insurance claims
- Practice management
This 13-week, 104-hour certificate program will assist you in preparing for the National Healthcareer Association Certified Medical Administrative Assistant (CMAA) exam.
- Physician offices
- Nursing homes
- Medical facilities
- Pharmaceutical companies
- Government health agencies
“This program was shorter, cost less and provided a certificate [when compared to others]. This class provided all the skills I needed to know, that I wouldn’t have known before, about working in a medical office. It equips you for future jobs.”
— Christina Wolford, graduate
- Interest-free payment plans available on a case-by-case basis
- VA Education Benefits
- WIOA funding
- Continuing education loans
— Employment of medical office assistants is projected to grow 27% through 2018 (Bureau of Labor Statistics).