Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
The Bureau of Labor Statistics states that as a result of the growing elderly population, many nursing assistants will be needed in long-term care facilities and hospitals to help enhance the lives of patients. The agency also notes that rising admissions to nursing home facilities will create new jobs, as will scientific and technological advances that increase the lifespan of the general population. Based on this anticipated employment growth, the nursing assistant job outlook should be excellent for individuals with an interest and aptitude for this type of work.
What You’ll Learn
- Gather vital signs
- Collect patient data
- Body Systems
- Disease and infection control
- Legal and ethical issues
- Provide care for the basic physical and emotional needs of patients
- Perform American Heart Association BLS and Heartsaver® First Aid training
High school diploma or equivalent, and submission of the Program Application Packet. Working knowledge of computers and access to a computer and the Internet are required.
Click here for the application packet.
Each student will participate in off-site clinical training.
- Work under the supervision of a Registered Nurse
- Record weight, height and patient symptoms for physicians before a physical exam
- Dress, bathe and feed patients
- Help patients with range-of-motion exercises and walking
- Transport patients
- Monitor and report changes in a patient vital signs, behaviors or personality to nurses
Daytime and Evening Classes
We offer daytime and evening classes, so you can decide which best suits your schedule. Both programs will assist you in preparing for the State of Georgia Nurse Aide Competency Examination.
- 3-month, 108-hour certificate program
- 30 hours offsite clinical training
- Classes meet M/W from 6 PM – 9 PM
- 1 Saturday class from 7:30 AM – 4:30 PM
Daytime CNA Class
- 7-week, 100-hour certificate program
- 24 hours offsite clinical training
- Classes meet M/Tu/W/Th 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
- 3 clinical dates from 7:30 AM – 4:30 PM
Coming in 2019!
Get In Touch
Contact us to find out more about this professional program.
“It’s never too late to go back to school to fulfill your dream. The sky is the limit.” – Rocio Colon
- Interest-free payment plans available on a case-by-case basis
- VA Education Benefits
- WIOA funding
- Continuing education loans
— Employment of nursing assistants is projected to grow 21% through 2022 (Bureau of Labor Statistics).