Security Management Professional
Individuals, corporations and businesses can no longer use hope as a security strategy. Learn how to effectively protect a company’s assets, prevent loss and keep employees safe. This course is perfect for those looking to blend business and corporate security by developing security plans and protocols, learning legal and liability issues, preventing theft and gaining valuable insight into internal security programs. You will receive advanced training from a licensed and certified instructor with more than 20 years of investigative and security management experience.
High school diploma or equivalent, completion of our Basic Skills Assessment and submission of the Program Application. Working knowledge of computers and access to a computer and the Internet are required.
The Basic Skills Assessment and Program Application are located online. The instructions are here. You will be directed to the program application after completing the skills assessment.
- Legal aspects of security
- Physical security methods
- Risk assessments and security threats
- Emergency planning and response
- Patrol and observation
- Criminal law
- Laws of arrest
- Security resources and operations
- Loss prevention
- Workplace violence
- Executive protection
- Incident investigation
This program is taught by a licensed and state certified instructor with more than 20 years of security management experience.
- Criminal justice majors
- Entrepreneurs looking to start a security company
- Entry-level security officers looking for career development and promotion
- Retired police and law enforcement officers looking to continue to work in the field as a second career choice
- Loss prevention and asset protection associates
- In-house corporate security personnel looking to increase their knowledge base
- Emergency managers looking to increase their knowledge base
- Those interested in the field of criminal justice but have no interest in being a law enforcement officer
- Retired military looking for a great re-entry opportunity
- Security specialist
- Security manager/supervisor
- Security director
- Chief security officer
- Loss prevention agent
- Asset protection associate
- Hotel security manager
- Hospital security manager
- Security agency owner
— The national average salary for a Security Operations Manager is $80,820 in the United States.
— The average salary for a Campus Operations Manager is $56,342 in the United States.
— The average salary for a Safety and Security Manager is $80,820 in the United States
Bureau of Labor Statistics