Your 1st career, your next career, or your last career!
Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
Providing opportunities locally and abroad
Choose your training path – Online, in the classroom, or combine the two!
- Complete your Certificate in 3-4 months, or take up to 2 years
- Each Class is $389* – pay as you go
- Choose a time that works with YOUR schedule
- Each course is 6 weeks
The TESOL Certificate Program from Kennesaw State University’s College of Continuing and Professional Education has been preparing students for over 12 years to become successful instructors of English.
The 120-hour training program focuses on the four courses that are the foundation for TESOL and TEFL. Dozens of invaluable resources are provided within the online platform, to Internet-based data, video and alternative, ongoing free resources for student’s use.
Required courses are available on Saturdays, Weekday Evenings, and Online:
- Elements of Linguistics and Language Acquisition
- Issues of Culture and Language
- Teaching Grammar
- Methods and Materials for Teaching ESOL
Who Should Attend
- Recent college graduates looking for their first job
- Anyone seeking a 2nd or part-time career who has a passion to teach
- Teachers, instructors or trainers
- Former government personnel who have worked abroad
- Missionaries and Volunteers
Why take our course?
Personalized feedback and interaction with qualified instructors, Master’s level instructors with years of hands-on real world experience teaching ESL, free invaluable resources are provided with each course, simplified sign-up and interaction with your course delivery online, administrative assistance with technology issues (real people help when you need it), reputation for quality programs, instructors and satisfied students (references gladly supplied), 12 PLUs or 12 CEUs earned for the completion of the entire certificate, potential pathway to GACE-tested ESOL Endorsement. In order to receive PLUs, teachers must complete and submit a prior approval form before starting the class.
*Eligible for MyCAA benefits (online and classroom), GI/VA benefits (classroom only)
*Required textbooks are additional. All texts are the responsibility of the student.
Read our FAQ for more program information and how to get signed up.
Our Flyer provides more detailed course information.
The documents below are provided for your planning purposes.
TESOL Classroom Course Schedule - 2013
TESOL Online program information details
TESOL Online Course Schedule - 2013