A specialized teacher training program to prepare you for Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages. Across the globe or in your own community, there are opportunities to teach the English language to others.
- Personalized feedback from instructors and interactive presentations
- Fast – Finish your program over a period of 16 weeks
- Master’s-level instructors with hands-on ESL teaching experience in a variety of settings
- Hundreds of free resources to get you started
- 15-year program with a reputation for quality
- What you need to know – 2 settings: Online OR Classroom 96 hours each
Note: If you are seeking an ESOL Endorsement to add to your clear renewable Georgia teaching certificate (for teaching English learners in public and private elementary, middle and high schools) please contact KSU’s Inclusive Education Department, Bagwell College of Education at http://bagwell.kennesaw.edu/majors-programs/endorsements/esol-endorsement/ as our program is a non-credit certificate that is not transferable for this purpose.
- Classroom: Courses with lectures, assignments, interactive and video learning opportunities, research and more.
- Online: Courses with live or pre-recorded lectures, assignments, interactive and video learning opportunities, research, and discussion boards. Receive personal responses from instructor. Assignments given weekly
- 80% attendance is required to pass each course, including online (determined by timely participation)
- Fluency in English with a solid understanding of grammar rules
- The ability to read, write and report on research projects
- Good communication skills for presentation of lessons in various formats
- Online discussion boards – post comments within the course platform that are shared with other students and the instructor
- Computer-based presentations – watch and create PowerPoints delivered by instructor, publisher or students
- Internet research – Using various search engines (Google, Bing, etc) to find information on assigned subjects
- Computer with audio and video capability
- Internet connection
- Email account
- Use of our LMS (Learning Management System) called Moodle, used to access course materials and resources
- By Phone: 470-578-6765 or 1-800-869-1151 (U.S. toll-free) Mon-Thu 8:00am-8:00pm EST, Friday 8:00am – 4:00pm
- Online: Select the Certificate course of your choice from the main TESOL page
- In Person: We are located at the KSU Center, 3333 Busbee Drive, Kennesaw, GA 30144