Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
The TESOL Certificate Program from Kennesaw State University’s College of Continuing and Professional Education has been preparing students for 15 years to become successful instructors of English.
Our quality training program focuses on the essential foundations to becoming a teacher of TESOL and TEFL. Hundreds of invaluable resources are provided within the course materials, now including an Externship for live practice in the ESL classroom!
Certificate Programs begin June and November
Choose your educational setting – online courses OR in the classroom
TESOL Classroom Certificate with Externship
20 week commitment = 140-hour TESOL Certificate
TESOL Online Certificate
16 week commitment = 120-hour TESOL Certificate – Online
High school diploma or equivalent, completion of our Basic Skills Assessment and submission of the Program Application. Working knowledge of computers and access to a computer and the Internet are required.
The Basic Skills Assessment and Program Application are located online. The instructions are here. You will be directed to the program application after completing the skills assessment.
- Issues of Culture – 20 hours
- Elements of Linguistics; Application in the ESOL Classroom – 40 hours
- Methods and Materials for Teaching ESOL; Lesson Planning and Content – 40 hours
- Teaching Grammar; Strategies for Effective Learning – 20 hours
- Externship; Practical, Hands-on Experience in the Classroom – 20 hours
- Recent college graduates looking for their first job
- Anyone seeking a 2nd or part-time career who has a passion to teach
- Instructors or trainers seeking additional teaching opportunities
- Former government or military personnel and spouses
- Missionaries and Volunteers
If you are a student from the program prior to 2016, please call our office for possible enrollment options to complete your certificate.
- VA Educational Benefits
- Payment Plans
There are a hundred different reasons you might want to teach English as a foreign language. Sometimes it’s just a small idea that snowballs into something bigger. That’s the way it was for TESOL... read more→
Our instructors are continually recognized by professional organizations as experts in their field, and our Languages program is no exception. Liz Bigler, who teaches for our TESOL (Teaching English... read more→
You never know where a professional certificate might take you. For Morgan Attaway, graduate of our TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) program, it has helped her land a job... read more→