Meeting & Event Management
Are you driven to land a position in one of the country’s top-ranked hospitality markets? Did you know, according to the Atlanta Convention & Visitors Bureau, Atlanta is considered the fourth-best city for meetings and events. Instructed by a group of industry leaders, this course will give you the fundamental skill set and practical knowledge to plan meetings or events like a seasoned professional. This program is designed for both new and aspiring managers, as well as the experienced planner, who wants to learn the latest industry trends and increase their knowledge and skills in this rapidly growing industry.
High school diploma or equivalent, completion of our Basic Skills Assessment and submission of the Program Application. Working knowledge of computers and access to a computer and the Internet are required.
The Basic Skills Assessment and Program Application are located online. The instructions are here. You will be directed to the program application after completing the skills assessment.
- Key meeting planning elements and available resources
- Professionalism and ethics
- Money matters
- Food and beverage
- AV and technology basics
- Site selection
- Destination and On-site management
- Marketing and promotion
- Legal issues
- Social Media
- Design and Décor
- Meeting and Event Technology
Both new and aspiring managers as well as experienced planners who want to learn the latest industry trends.
- Those who have the responsibility of coordinating meetings, conferences, expositions, social programs, reunions, sporting events, or other types of events.
- Administrative assistants who plan and coordinate events.
- Individuals who require Meeting & Event Management education to obtain an entry-level position or desire to expand career opportunities in the future.
- Anyone who is considering a career change and wants a comprehensive introduction to the field of Meeting & Event Management.
- Professionals working in related fields such as lighting, sound, audio-visual, decor, catering and entertainment.
- Hotel and resort
- Lighting & sound
“I owe my career in planning to this program. It gives you the tools to build a career and support to help you grow and succeed. In no other class have I felt like my personal success was the main goal of my instructors and program directors like I did in this course. I had a great experience.”
— Mattie Logan, graduate
- Interest-free payment plans available on a case-by-case basis
- VA Education Benefits
- WIOA funding
- Continuing education loans
Are you driven to land a position in one of the country’s top-ranked hospitality markets? Did you know, according to the Atlanta Convention & Visitors Bureau, Atlanta is considered the... read more→
We caught up with Jeff Whitney, president of Event Transportation / Atlanta. He possesses 32 years of experience in the meeting and events industry and serves as one of the instructors for our... read more→
— Employment of meeting, convention, and event planners is projected to grow 10% through 2024, faster than the average for all occupations.
— The median annual wage for meeting, convention, and event planners was $46,840 in May 2015.
Bureau of Labor Statistics