Combine your passion for technology and love of design into a rewarding career. AutoCAD is the most widely used computer-aided design (CAD) software for producing architectural, engineering and construction drawings. These classes benefit individuals in the engineering, construction, architecture and interior design industries. The software allows users to create 2D and 3D drawings using visualization and technical documentation. It increases productivity in manufacturing and design – replacing the need for manual drawings and designs.
We are the only school in Georgia that is an Autodesk Authorized Training Center (ATC).
High school diploma or equivalent, completion of our Basic Skills Assessment and submission of the Program Application. Working knowledge of computers and access to a computer and the Internet are required.
The Basic Skills Assessment and Program Application are located online. The instructions are here. You will be directed to the program application after completing the skills assessment.
- AutoCAD’s basic drawing, editing and viewing tools
- Organization of drawing objects on layers and insert reusable blocks
- Completion of a hands-on project that can be used as a foundation for your professional portfolio
- How to better utilize productivity tools and work with constraints
- Creation and organization of more advanced blocks and layouts as well as building templates and annotations styles from scratch
- How to use zoom commands, external references, QuickCalc, and dimensioning tools for a more complete and advanced drawing
- How to work with advanced tables, annotations, editing and viewing tools
- Create advanced dynamic blocks and attributes and learn about sheet sets
- Publish and use collaboration tools while managing layers and learning to use the right tools for optimal performance
- Complete a hands-on project that can be used in your professional portfolio
Upon completion of all three programs, you will be prepared to sit for the national Autodesk certification exam.
- Architectural project managers seeking practical experience with computer-aided design and management
- Drafting professionals who desire to transition from traditional board design and drawing techniques
- Designers and engineers who need state-of-the-art tools
- Individuals considering computer-aided drafting as a career
- Interest-free payment plans available on a case-by-case basis
- VA Education Benefits
- WIOA funding (AutoCAD Essentials)
- Continuing education loans
Interested in social media and looking for a career change? The Social Media Marketing course could change your life like it changed Gretchen Hornsby’s. Gretchen started off as a teacher but... read more→
In today’s age, being knowledgeable about computers is a key aspect in daily life. Having the basic skills down will only help with every day tasks. Recent graduates of the OLLI Scholar program... read more→
Are you wondering how, or if, social media can boost your business? Overwhelmed with where to start? Our Social Media Marketing Certificate program instructor Tyra Burton shared with us her top three... read more→
— Employment of industrial designers is expected to grow through 2022 with the best opportunities for drafters with experience and formal training using CAD technology.
$64,570 – industrial and commercial designers
$60,350 – electrical and electronics drafters
$54,510 – mechanical drafters
$51,250 – architectural and civil drafters
Bureau of Labor Statistics