In the rapid-paced global business environment, the need for highly trained and effective administrative professionals is paramount. The 21st century office is high tech and today’s office professional must possess a broad array of technical and interpersonal skills to succeed. The Information Age has redefined the administrative assistant’s role as the lifeblood of an organization. This program bridges the gap between basic skills courses and current office practices by teaching you the knowledge necessary for workplace success.
High school diploma or equivalent, completion of our Basic Skills Assessment and submission of the Program Application. Working knowledge of computers and access to a computer and the Internet are required.
The Basic Skills Assessment and Program Application are located online. The instructions are here. You will be directed to the program application after completing the skills assessment.
- Handle banking and accounting procedures
- Maintain schedules and calendars
- Plan meetings and events
- Strengthen time management skills
- Routine – Document storage, electronic record keeping, coordinating direct mailings, and keeping logs.
- Technical – Document preparation, maintaining schedules and calendars, handling messages and maintaining computer files, directories, and databases – telecommunications/email.
- Analytical – Banking and accounting procedures, planning meetings and events, working with vendors and suppliers regarding equipment purchases.
- Interpersonal – Coordinating a team project, identifying and responding to work styles and personality traits and time management skills.
- Managerial – Using Internet/intranet for research, interviewing, orienting, supervising, motivating staff, budgeting, staffing, evaluating personnel, and problem solving.
This course will prepare you for the Certified Administrative Professional (CAP) exam.
This course benefits individuals who desire to gain the skills needed to be successful in a professional office.
“The program was excellent and the instructors were great. If you want to command more where you work, you should do it!”
— Kenneth Ellis, graduate
- Interest-free payment plans available on a case-by-case basis
- VA Education Benefits
- WIOA funding
- Continuing education loans