Are you ready to launch a career as a professional logistician? Our new certificate training course is designed to benefit individuals who desire to enter or advance in the field by providing the foundation to gain introductory level experience in the supply chain industry.
What is Supply Chain Management (SCM)?
SCM is the oversight of materials, information and finances as they move in a process from supplier to manufacturer to wholesaler to retailer to consumer. It involves coordinating and integrating these flows both within and among companies.
Top 5 Reasons SCM is Crucial:
- Supply chain managers work in nearly every industry.
- The $1.3 trillion industry is getting bigger every year.
- The logistics business will be looking to fill about 1.4 million jobs, or roughly 270,000 per year, by 2018 (Material Handling Industry).
- Employment growth is expected to rise through 2024 and will be driven by the need for logistics in the transportation of goods in a global economy (Bureau of Labor Statistics).
- The median annual wage for logisticians was $74,260 in May 2015 (Bureau of Labor Statistics).
Prepare for Employment
Our Supply Chain Management program is led by an expert instructor who possesses more than a decade of relevant industry experience in information technology, operations and supply chain management. Course topics of study include supply chain overview, demand planning, transformation of demand and supply, supply, logistics, quality control, supply chain IT and supply chain globalization.
Ideal candidates for this program include individuals with a background in manufacturing, retail, hospitality, military, project management or Lean Six Sigma (Green Belt). The course is approved for several forms of financial aid including VA Education Benefits and Continuing Education Loans. Additionally, KSU alumni are eligible to save 10% off enrollment.