Our program, Administrative Office Management Certificate program, was created for those who have experience in the field but would like to further advance their career. This course is open to anyone, whether already in the administrative professional field or looking to change careers. All industries can benefit from the skills taught in this course.
We sat down with Program Manager Pam Moss to discuss instructors, course topics, and what she hopes students gain from this course.
What is the difference between the Administrative Professional course and Administrative Office Management?
The Admin Professional course teaches the learner the procedural skills needed to perform the routine clerical functions of a professional office such as records management, messages, communication, scheduling, and support to senior staff. The new Administrative Office Management course is designed to equip the learner with skills associated with a management position. Their role often includes hiring and training of staff, development of plans to improve staff efficiency and productivity, and monitoring office systems.
Who will be teaching?
- Cindy Moss
- Christy Corley
- Bryan Wright
What is their background professionally?
- Cindy Moss has been an instructor for the Administrative Professional Certificate program for the past 8 years. She has been in the teaching field for over 15 years teaching business and computer technology courses. Prior to beginning her teaching career, she was employed in several administrative positions where she gained valuable knowledge on the traits and characteristics of a successful administrative assistant.
- Christy Corley has taught in the Administrative Professional Certificate program for the past 2 years. Since 2003 she has been employed by Wolters Kluwer, a global company that provides information, software and services. Christy has over 15 years of experience in the field of administrative support and is a certified Paralegal. In her current role as an executive assistant and event coordinator, Christy actively supports eight executives while also managing corporate events including large conferences and tradeshows.
- Bryan Wright has taught in the Meeting & Event Management and Administrative Professional Certificate Programs for the past 3 years. He has worked as a successful event professional with 17-plus years. Bryan is experienced in managing event and trade show programs for global companies
What topics will the course cover?
- Selecting office employees
- Training office employees
- How to evaluate employees
- Computer technology
- Quality and Quantity Control
What will students gain from this course?
A fundamental understanding of the areas of administrative office management, including the managerial, organizing and communicating processes.